Wednesday, November 19

Day 19 - Get Inspired

I love spending time combing through the countless variety of handmade cards that Pinterest has on display.  It's one of the best sources of inspiration for just about anything you care to look for.  You can get ideas for colour combinations, card layouts, designs, folds and embellishments, not to mention all the wonderful products that are out there!
The card I made today is inspired by a beautiful Christmas card I found on Pinterest by a crafter named Gisele.  I made mine into an easel card and added some ribbon, glitter and a stamped panel on the inside to hold the card open for display.
 
 
YOUR TURN:  Find a beautiful card and use it to inspire your own creation.  Don't forget to give credit to the original artist.
Upload your creation here.

16 comments:

Sandra H said...

Beautiful and elegant is your card x

Swissie said...

A beautiful card indeed.
I get inspired from your cards, Beccy. Last year I got many new ideas from your November Holiday Cards Challenge. I still use them. :)

Sue said...

This is gorgeous, such a beautiful and elegant design.
Sue xx

Teresa said...

Love the way yours turned out!! Yes, Pinterest is good for inspiration, but the cards added to the blog every day are also inspirational! So many pretty cards and talented people!

Jennifer said...

Love your beautiful card, Beccy...so elegantly traditional.

I only discovered Pinterest recently, much to my dismay........why dismay?.......because I spend way too much time drooling over all the countless creations by so many talented cardmakers, when I should be playing at being a 'domestic goddess'.

Hugs,
Jennifer. x

loz said...

Gorgeous card and image Beccy..Loz

KT Fit Kitty said...

Great easel card, Beccy! Love the traditional colours!

Bridget Larsen said...

love how effectively simple this is, great for when you have 100s of Christmas cards to make

crafty said...

I have been inspired by the cards that you have put on this blog and this one is no exception. A lovely Clean and simple easel card - I had not really considered combining the two ideas! Silly really but I suppose we tend to put things into separate 'boxes'

Sarah said...

What a beautiful CAS card, gorgeous image and great design too xx

Olga said...

This is so pretty!)

Tieva-Design said...

That´s what christmas is about, very traditional.
Gabi

karin said...

I see that I'm not the only one who finds inspiration on Pinterest. So many lovely creations and images to find on it. A great card you've made Beccy.

Theresia said...

Wauw, it looks like a box of chocolate from an art shop. It is very distinguished, Beccy!
Cheers, Trees

Suzana said...

A very elegant card indeed. And I love your red bow. I saw your tutorial about doing it, and maybe, during November challenge, I'll try it. My appreciation of sharing your experiences.
Cheers,
Suzana

Jacee said...

Love this design Becky, gorgeous!
Hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design