Sunday, September 12

The Wind in Your Hair...

Here she is again, this time throwing caution to the wind as she speeds along on her push bike, bloomers in view, pearls flying and her basket full of wild daisies and a crusty loaf of bread.

The inspiration for "Nell on a Bike" comes from a story my grandmother told me about a motorbike ride she took as a young woman with one of her boyfriends (yes, there were many). It was during the war years when the American soldiers were here in Australia, and yes, she even had one as a boyfriend. Anyway, while out riding they hit a cow, of all things. Both of them came off the bike and the poor old cow went on to greener pastures, but all my grandmother was concerned about was her string of pearls that had broken in the accident and were now scattered all over the road. I don't think she ever told me what happened to the boyfriend!

11 comments:

Holly Young said...

This is wonderful! Fun and beautifully colored!

Shelly said...

What a delightful card!!! It's so beautiful and full of life. Lovely coloring! I sure am enjoying the memories you're sharing about your grandma.

Poppet said...

Great story, great card. :-) xx

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

Fantastic Image. Thanks! You do such a wonderful job coloring them!

♥ Yolanda ♥ said...

Thank you making me laugh! What a great story about your grandma lol.
Great image and lovely card!
Hugs

Sonia said...

Beautiful card!!.. Great Story Beccy!!

**Sony**
Sonia-Studio60

Marianne said...

Great story, love the card, too!

Joynana said...

Hi Beccy, love this image. You are so very talented and I will be stopping by the store as soon as I save a few shopping bucks. I saw a couple of the new fairies that I just got to have. I do love visiting your blog.

Joynana said...

Hi Beccy, love this image. You are so very talented and I will be stopping by the store as soon as I save a few shopping bucks. I saw a couple of the new fairies that I just got to have. I do love visiting your blog.

Teresa Arsenault said...

Great story, Beccy. Fun image and incredible design. How did you get the bike fender to look so shiny and real.

Thanks for the image. I'm going to pick it up now, but I wanted to get the story behind it first. So glad I did.

Thank you hugs,
Teresa

Unknown said...

Are you still making the cards I'd like to buy one but I don't have a link